If you could charter anywhere in the world – where would you go?
I’ve had the pleasure of booking yachts for clients in a variety of unusual places on some extraordinary yachts. I’ve also had the pleasure of travelling to some of these extraordinary destinations on yachts to enjoy their amenities and learn about the areas.
As I’m an incorrigible gypsy, it’s hard for me to narrow down favorite destinations. However, here are three of my choice cruising grounds featuring some of the nicest charter yachts available today. The charter fees are for 7 nights.
It’s still true – there is nothing as charming and beautiful as an atoll in the Society Islands or any of the other island groups. We are seeing an increase in the number of quality yachts moving to this area for two to three years.
- S/Y CONCERTO, 72′, 6 guests from 9,000 Euro
- M/Y TIVOLI, 90′, 6 guests from $35,000
- S/Y PACIFIC EAGLE, 102′, 6 guests from $40,000. Heavy motorsailer combines the best of power and sail. She spends summers in New Zealand and winters in Fiji.
- S/Y MARIE, 180′, 8 guests from $200,000. Call for more information.
- M/Y SURI, 208′. 12 guests from $375,000. SURI is one of the world’s finest expedition vessels, able to cruise anywhere in the utmost luxury. Amenities include: helicopter, hover craft and dune buggy!
Pacific Northwest and Alaska
This is a fabulous family destination from British Columbia to Southern Alaska. Each of the captains and crew on these yachts has many years of experience cruising this area.
- M/Y KATANIA, 100′, 6 guests from $49,500.
- M/Y PACIFIC YELLOW FIN, 114′. 114′, 10 guests from $69,000 (Canadian$).
- M/Y SHOGUN, 124′, 8 guests from $79,000.
- M/Y KAYANA, 121′, 12 guests from $89,500.
Eastern Med and Croatia
As the Western Med continues to raise VAT charges on charter yachts, the fleet is moving east to more hospitable cruising grounds. Croatia and Turkey continue to offer superb cruising and interesting itineraries.
- S/Y CONAN, 65′ catamaran, 8 guests from $10,500. Few captains know the coast of Turkey like Paul on CONAN. If you want the insider’s tour, look at CONAN.
- S/Y ZARIK II,65′, 6 guests from $14,000. Captain Ghislaine and her partner have cruised and lived in Turkey for 20+ year. Enjoy French and Turkish cuisine.
- S/Y RAVEN, 82′ Oyster, 6 guests from 27,000 Euro. Cruises coast of Croatia out of Montenegro
- M/Y HARMONY, 115′, 10 guests from $70,000. Cruises Croatia
- S/Y ANDROMEDA LA DEA, 154′, 8 guests from 115,000 Euro. Cruise Croatia in a stylish Perini
- M/Y LAZY Z, 168′, 12 guests. Great choice for Turkey. Call for more information.